Not only are the Oscars making a return but exclusive guests will get their hands on the iconic gift bags worth thousands of dollars.
For two decades, LA-based marketing company Distinctive Assets has come yet again to deliver their famous and pricey gift bags named ‘Everybody Wins at The Oscars’
Even though some might have left without the prestigious award, the luxurious gift bag certainly wasn’t something to be sniffed at.
Who gets the gift bags?
CNBC reports confirmed that the gift bag is exclusively given to 28 of the top guests and nominees of The Oscars but unfortunately, not everyone receives one.
This year’s high-profile celebrities are Will Smith, Steven Spielberg, Kristen Stewart, and the three hosts of the Oscars: Wanda Sykes, Amy Schumer, and Regina Hall.
However, other celebrities such as Piers Morgan had a different opinion about this year’s goodie bags. Understandably, one may add.
The Mirror reported that Briton tweeted at his 7.9m Twitter followers for Hollywood recipients to “auction their revoltingly ostentatious $140,000 gift bags to raise funds for Ukrainian refugees.”
What’s inside the 2022 Oscar gift bags?
According to Cosmopolitan, the content inside these gift bags are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the goodies are almost too good to be true:
- A 3-night stay in Scotland’s Turin Castle, worth $50,000, and inspired by Denzel Washington being nominated for Best Actor in The Tragedy of Macbeth (butler service *is* included, thanks for checking)
- $25,000 in home renovations from Maison Construction in L.A.
- A 4-night stay at the Golden Door resort in California worth $15,000
- A $12,000 liposuction procedure from Dr. Thomas Su called “Celebrity Arms”
- $10,000 of “treatments and rejuvenation procedures” from Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich
- A life coaching session with Kayote Joseph worth $1,200
- A small plot of land in Scotland, along with the title Lord or Lady of Glencoe
It wasn’t always a pleasant gift
Previous Oscar gift bags weren’t as high profile and flamboyant as this year. Opting instead to be slightly controversial.
Throughout the last 20 years, Distinctive Assets has given questionable items that had everyone wondering about its reason for gifting.
- 2014 – The “lucky” recipients of the 2014 Oscar gift bag received a vagina rejuvenation procedure alongside a horse shampoo for humans.
- 2015 – The gift bag included a sexual pamper set, including a laser vibrator and pricey condoms.
- 2020 – Last time’s gift bags included bullet-resistant doors and a urine collector.
Although questionable, I’m sure these items were put to very good use!
In other news, Why an unsafe release is considered to be dangerous in F1