It is possible to go virtual and still play a vital role in helping the Morgan Community College Foundation.
In fact, the theme of this year’s MCC Foundation Gala, set for Feb. 26, is Mission Possible.
“It will be a virtual event this year and we are doing some cool things,” stated Valerie Rhoades, Director of Regional Community Outreach for the Burlington campus of MCC.
The event will feature a silent auction and a live auction.
“This year the Burlington Center has six items on the silent auction and two items on the live auction that have been donated from our area businesses,” Rhoades continued. “All the bidding will be done by text.
“Plus, we have a unique opportunity for 20 Gala-in-a-Box. This is a food item donated by the Dish Room, The Post Bar & Grill, and Lincoln Liquor for an evening appetizer with a mystery surprise and game included in the box.”
Each Gala-in-a-Box will feature a charcuterie board from the Dish Room, dessert from the Post, and wine from Lincoln Liquor, along with a surprise from MCC. These can be ordered in advance for $50 each and will be delivered the afternoon of the Gala.
Remember, there are only 20 of these. Do not order on the web site. Simply write a check to the MCC Foundation Gala when you place your order with the Burlington Center staff. If paying by credit card, go to morgancc.edu/giving, give your information with a note at the bottom that you are purchasing the Burlington Gala-in-a-Box.
The evening of the Gala will include a pre-Gala opening at 6:30 p.m. during which entertainment and alumni will be featured. You can also find out who the Outstanding Alumnus will be.
At 7 p.m. the live auction will open. You will have one hour to text bids as they are featured. Bidding closes at 8, and you will be notified if you are the winner for both the live and silent auction via text.
Bidding for the virtual silent auction will begin on Feb. 21. Go to morgancc.maestroweb.com to set up your bidding account, click on MyBid/Account. You will need to create an account, complete with password. Silent auction bids close at 6 p.m. on the day of the Gala.
Items to bid on in the silent auction include:
1) Sleek Auto Package: Gift certificate from Ruben’s Detailing Service & Glass, valued at $130, and a gift certificate from Stratton Equity Coop for vehicle service, valued at $150.
2) Spy Fix-It Package: $100 gift certificate from Herman Lumber; oil change and multi-point inspection and Chevrolet rachet straps, valued at $85.
3) Jump Start Package: From the Main Cup and the Brass Trunk, a gift basket with coffee and unique gifts, including a $25 gift card, valued at $150.
4) Black Tie Package: Gift certificate for one month of tanning from Studio Seven, valued at $50; gift certificate for dip and shellac manicure and lotion from Nails by Shayla and Studio Seven, valued at $50.
5) Body Work Package: Gift certificate for 60-minute massage or Reiki from Harmoni Healing, valued at $60; choice of one of three services from Schaal Physical Therapy and Fitness, LLC, including functional dry needling session, two months gym membership with classes, or health and physical therapy exam to improve body strength and flexibility, valued at $100.
6) Spy Spa Package: From Emerald Spa, a gift certificate for a half-hour massage, gift certificate for a half-hour facial, and gift certificate for a spa pedicure, each valued at $50.
The local live auction will feature:
1) A Taste, Wine and Dine Package from Claremont Inn and Winery that includes one overnight weekday stay, wine tasting, dinner, and breakfast for two, valued at $400.
2) A Spa Package from Health Essentials that includes a health consultation, acupuncture biofeedback session, one-hour massage, infrared sauna, 12 units of Botox injection, spa luncheon and refreshments, and olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting, valued at $550.