Every person is different: some are short, and some are tall; brown-eyed or blue-eyed; with round or oval face. But nowadays, if you don’t like smth about yourself, you can make a doctor appointment and correct it slightly. Thankfully, modern aesthetic medicine allows it.
You can achieve plump lips with Restylane filler injections, Botox, Juvederm, Restylane (e.g. https://pdcosmetics.com/product/restylane-lyft-perlane-lidocaine/) and various other products (it is better to consult with your doctor first). And let’s discuss basic things about lip filler injection so you have a better understanding of it.
Types of Lip Augmentation
Lip augmentation is a procedure for those who are insecure about their thin lips. It helps to make lips full and sensual, meeting the beauty standards. There are a few procedures you can try:
- Filler injections. This is the most common procedure. After choosing the solution (Restylane, Juvederm, etc.) with your doctor, he injects it in the treated area. Anaesthetic is not needed, as most lip fillers have it in their composition. The result lasts from 4 to 6 months. If you are thinking about lip implants, it is recommended to try fillers first, to see if everything suits you;
- Lip implant. Usually, the surgery takes approximately one hour. The doctor makes a small cut at the corner of the lips. And after creating a little tunnel, the surgeon places a lip implant inside. The result of implants is permanent, but they have much more side effects than fillers and aren’t suitable for everyone;
- Fat transfer. It is perfect for those who don’t want to inject foreign components into their body. Basically, doctors take away fat from one body area and inject it into the lips. The allergic reaction rarely occurs because it’s the product from your own body, so it accepts fat easily.
Think through everything and talk to your doctor before choosing the procedure for you.
Are There any Side Effects after the Lip Augmentation?
Side effects depend on the person and the peculiarities of his/her body. But they usually don’t last long, not more than a few days. The common side effects after lip injections are:
- Tumor or bruising;
- Redness and increased sensitivity in the injected areas;
- Slight bleeding at the injections’ site.
Sometimes, side effects can be more serious. If you notice at least one of them, get in touch with your doctor immediately:
- Lip asymmetry (some parts of the lip are bigger than others);
- Lumps in the lips;
- Ongoing swelling and bruising (lasting from one week and more);
- Ulceration or stiffening of the lips;
- Allergic reaction (include itching, redness, or swelling).
You may experience no side effects at all, but it’s better to be aware and know what to do if some of them appear. Everything is individual for everybody.
How Long the Effect after Lip Fillers Last?
In order to know how long the effect would last, consult with the doctor and choose a filler for lip enhancement, and also outline the desired result. Do you want to make your lips look full and juicy, or maybe you need to work on their shape and contour?
If you’d like to choose the best product, the number-one solutions among doctors are Restylane and Juvederm. The effect lasts up to six months, and you can reapply it again if needed.
There are also derma fillers that keep their result for 12-18 months, or even with more prolonged effects. But before using those fillers, it is better to try the injection with a slighter effect, so you can see the result and decide whether you like it or not.
The treatment can be repeated every six months. The more often you use the injections, the longer its effect lasts.
If you want to experiment with your appearance, or you would like to try something new for yourself to boost your confidence, think about lip augmentation. This procedure is completely safe and doesn’t demand to go under the knife. Aesthetic beauty seriously improved for the past few years, so don’t hesitate to set out to the new version of yourself. Use all the opportunities life gives you!