Girl, 3, left needing plastic surgery after slicing finger to bone in horror KFC fall


WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES Little Shalalai Khan was left needing plastic surgery following a fall at the restaurant and is still struggling to use her hand, her dad said

The little girl’s mother picked her up and was horrified to find her hand was full of blood

A three-year-old girl was left needing plastic surgery  following a mystery fall at a KFC which left her bone exposed.

Shalalai Khan sliced her finger open during the shocking incident, and now her dad has vowed to find out what caused the injury, which has left her struggling to write and draw.

Dad Inam Khan, 41, said his daughter remains traumatised by the fall, which happened last July at the KFC branch in Heybarnes retail park on Coventry Road, Birmingham.

An investigation by staff at the branch has found “no defects on site that may have caused such an injury” the company said.

How it happened remains a puzzle, reports BirminghamLive.

Staff at the store in Heybarnes retail park, Coventry Road said they had looked but found nothing which could explain the injury


Family Handout)

Dad-of-three Inam feels let down by their response and wants bosses to re-investigate the case.

His daughter, now aged four, still has issues writing with her left hand months on from the horror injury.

“When my three-year-old daughter fell from her chair my wife picked her up while she was crying loudly and was shocked to see her hand full of blood,” said Inam, from Yardley.

“The upper part of the finger was missing from her finger. My daughter was screaming of pain and so as my wife was extremely upset inside KFC.

“During this time no member of staff attended or offered any kind of help. When she realised nobody was there to help her, she called me to come and assist.

“She came out and reached George Road where residents came out when they saw both of them crying. They started to assist her and comforted our daughter while I arrived and then called ambulance.

“The ambulance took them to the hospital A&E and after staying in 24 hours in the hospital, my daughter had a plastic surgery of her finger.”

Inam said he wants answers as to how his daughter got her terrible injury from a simple fall


Family Handout)

He added: “It is a very serious matter for any parent, especially where the plastic surgery is involved for a three-year child.

“This has become a mystery not only for us as parents, but it was also a mystery for the paramedic staff of the ambulance and the doctors who treated my daughter that how it happened due to just a normal fall from a chair.

“Medics advised us that such injury can be caused by a sharp item or faulty equipment.”

Inam complained to KFC who said they investigated the incident area – but staff said they found no defects on site that may have caused such an injury.

He also visited the branch to complain to management hours after it happened and found blood droplets on the floor leading to the door to go outside.

Inam said: “She’s been left traumatised after that incident left deep scars. Since the incident she would not go to KFC and keeps insisting not to go there again.

“Sometimes she questions why her one finger is different than her others, she won’t let us cut her nails. As during the recovery her whole nail came off so she is so scared that if we cut her nails they wont grow back or it will hurt her finger.

“When she writes it’s difficult for her to hold the pencil it takes her some time to get the grip. It’s really heartbreaking to see your child cry and be scared because of this particular incident.”

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed: “We were called to reports of a medical emergency on George Road at 5.42pm on July 12th, 2021.

“One ambulance attended the scene and we treated one patient, a young girl, for a serious but non-life threatening injury before she was taken to Heartlands Hospital for further treatment.”

In a statement, a KFC spokeswoman said: “Safety is our top priority for our guests, and it goes without saying that we’re really sorry to hear about Inam and his daughter.

“Our restaurant team were only made aware of the injury after the family had left the restaurant, but we’ve worked with the team to try to understand what happened.

“We’ve previously reached out to Inam and we’d love him to get back in touch so we can help make things right.”

Read More

Read More

Source link