Probably one of the most well-known brands of cosmetic injectables is Juvederm. Its collection of dermal fillers is not only extensively used but also greatly beloved by medical professionals and their patients worldwide.
So, how about taking a closer look at Juvederm? Check out the below-mentioned ultimate guide to the brand’s cosmetic injectables. Let us discover the world of the Juvederm’s aesthetic beauty together!
Can You Buy Juvederm Online and How Much Does It Cost?
Juvederm is a famous trademark that is widely spread all around the world. Luckily, it can be safely ordered online these days. However, there exist several rules that should be taken into account if you would like to buy Juvederm online. Here is the list of the most essential ones:
- Due to the fact that Juvederm is intended for professional usage, it should be sold exclusively to licensed medical professionals. Thus, there is a high chance that you will have to provide a supplier with a valid certificate of being a health care provider when purchasing cosmetic injectables on the web;
- In order to ensure the authenticity and safety of Juvederm products, you will have to rely only on a trustworthy supplier. Therefore, make sure to check out the reliability of an online store (for instance, go through its client reviews) before placing your order on the Internet.
Is Juvederm a Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler?
Depending on their main active substances, dermal fillers might be divided into different types, such as hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, poly-L-lactic acid, polymethylmethacrylate, and other ones. For instance, Radiesse is an example of a calcium hydroxylapatite filler, while Sculptra manufactures poly-L-lactic acid products.
Juvederm, in its turn, is a brand that employs hyaluronic acid as its primary ingredient. Therefore, all solutions in the trademark’s product line, starting from Juvederm Ultra Plus XC and ending with Juvederm Volbella, have this naturally occurring substance as their main active component.
What Is Juvederm Used For?
The Juvederm brand has a wide range of products with different aesthetic indications. While some solutions in the trademark’s product line efficiently reduce the appearance of severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as forehead lines, crow’s feet, or nasolabial folds), others provide a patient with effective lip augmentation.
In general, Juvederm fillers might be used for:
- The reduction of skin depressions;
- The tightening of facial tissue;
- The treatment of age-related volume loss;
- The improvement of the overall skin quality;
- The augmentation of the lips;
- And so on.
Apart from the indications for Juvederm facial injections, dermal fillers might also be applied for both chin augmentation and cheek augmentation.
How Long Does the Juvederm Treatment Last?
Facial injection procedures of Juvederm are pretty durable. Depending on a patient’s individual skin type, health condition, and age, they might last from several months to a couple of years.
On average, patients who undergo Juvederm injections enjoy their profoundly rejuvenated and enhanced appearances for the time period that equals 18 months. However, it depends on the Juvederm product that has been used in the treatment.
What Solutions Does the Juvederm Product Line Include?
The Juvederm range consists of several product lines:
- Juvederm Ultra (including Juvederm Ultra XC, Ultra Plus XC, Ultra Smile, Ultra 2, Ultra 3, and Ultra 4 solutions);
- Juvederm Voluma;
- Juvederm Volbella;
- Juvederm Vollure.
What Are the Manufacturing Technologies of Juvederm?
Juvederm products are manufactured with the help of two innovative technologies:
- 3D Matrix technology (it guarantees high stability, density, and plasticity of the preparation);
- Vycross technology (it combines hyaluronic acid of high molecular weight with the one of low molecular weight).
Is Juvederm Safe?
The Juvederm brand belongs to one of the safest trademarks in the sphere of aesthetic medicine. Its products rarely lead to serious complications or severe allergic reactions.
However, a patient who has undergone the administration of the Juvederm injectable dermal filler might experience one of the following side effects:
- Temporary redness, itching, or swelling at the treatment site;
- Bruising at the area to where the injectable filler has been administered;
- Pain or discomfort at the injection site.
Patients with any of the above-mentioned side effects claim that they tend to disappear without medical supervision several days after the treatment.
What Are the Contraindications to the Juvederm Injection?
The injection of Juvederm should not be performed under one of the following circumstances:
- If patients are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- If patients have multiple severe allergies to any component of the preparation or gram-positive bacterial proteins;
- If patients experience skin injury or infection around the area of the treatment;
- If patients suffer from such serious health complications as pigmentation disorders, poor blood clotting, or untreated epilepsy.
The above-mentioned circumstances create an increased risk of possible complications after the injection of Juvederm. Thus, they should be taken into account before the procedure.
Is Juvederm Better than Botox?
It is impossible to say whether Juvederm is better than Botox. Both preparations do a great job when it comes to fighting age-related issues and enhancing a patient’s appearance.
However, they have different compositions, working principles, and indications. For instance, while Juvederm is effective in treating static wrinkles, Botox might be a more reasonable option in taking care of dynamic skin depressions.
Thus, it is the task of a health care practitioner which option might be the best in each individual case.
All in all, Juvederm is one of the most well-known brands of cosmetic injectables. Therefore, we hope that the above-mentioned guide will be useful for you!